Epigenetics: The Genie in your Genes |Dawson Church
Discover why stress, emotions, spirituality and disease are inextricably linked. Explore the potential of epigenetics and improve your health by proactively changing the way your genes are expressed through the alteration of your thoughts, feelings, and beliefs. - See written article at: http://www.fireitupwithcj.com/epigene...
1) What is epigenetics: Dawson explains a simple definition of epigenetics here
2) HOW MUCH DO WE INHERIT AS A FETUS? WHAT IS PAST DOWN FROM GENERATION TO GENERATION? The old deterministic and fatalistic idea that are genes cannot change is not 100% true as there are many ways genes can be modified by changing our lifestyle, stress, environment, etc.
3) HOW CAN WE CONTROL OUR GENETIC EXPRESSION? LIFESTYLE (EXERCISE, DIET), STRESS, ENVIRONMENT, AGE. VIDEO: Dawson explains how our mind (thoughts, feeling, and emotion) is one of the most important factors within our control and that can influence our genes: Dawson shares recent research on optimists versus pessimists. Optimists live 8 years longer than pessimists:
4) What % of our genes are fixed? Dawson explains how only 15% of our genome is fixed.
5) How can we control our genetic expression? Dawson shares his personal tips on how he reduced his stress.
6) What is the science behind how meditation and mindset changes our genes? When you are geared up to fight, your cortisol goes up (pregnenolone and progestone). When you are calm you create DHEA (Cell repair).
7) What is the best way to combine alternative techniques and standard medicine? Dawson offers his thoughts on applying the best of Western medicine and alternative techniques.
8) Are the changes you make using these techniques long lasting? Dawson shares research on veterans with PTSD that after six sessions 90% of the symptoms dropped and retained those beneficial effects 3 and 6 mos later. This is also true of phobias.
8) Can you be an alternative medicine drug addict? You can addicted to dopamine, a high levels of serotonin, DHEA, and a low set point for cortisol and to become stress intolerant.
9) How does acupuncture and EFT work? These techniques shift energy flow in our body and our fear response in our in our brain goes down. Piezoelectricity has happen when you put pressure on certain structures, which places electrical charges in your body.
10) Dawson demonstrates a skin galvanometer to see where there is high degree of conduction and low resistance. https://youtu.be/pP2aIiLPY6E?t=28m27s How does energy flow relate to what happens with our genes? Needles unblock the energy flow and trigger the feel good hormones . https://youtu.be/pP2aIiLPY6E?t=32m11s Dawson explains what happens how feel good techniques break a negative association related to a traumatic event.
11) Cancer and EFT: What should you try when you have tried everything in Western medicine and nothing is working? Dawson shares